FITNESS EXPERT AND PERSONAL TRAINER GIVES TIPS ON STAYING STRESS FREE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON, THROUGH EXERCISE :: Wire Service Media
Free Personal Training!
Hello out there,
If you’re a female with 20+ pounds to lose, I want to help you with some FREE personal training!
I am looking for 2-3 women to train 2 times per week for 6 weeks
12 sessions for free!
$65 per session, free of charge.
All I am asking is that you send me one friend per week to train with me; with or without you. This is a referral based program; you train free and lose weight; you tell your friends and they sign up!
Let me know if you or anyone you know might be interested; this is a great opportunity to lose unwanted fat and pounds. Look great for the holiday season!
Is Fruit BAD?
Can you compare a banana to a pack of snack sized oreos? Maybe the calories are the same, but what about the content?
Fruit eating is debatable, and here is a great article from the Globe and Mail on this very topic.
If you’re trying to lose weight, calories count. Veggies have WAY less calories (depending on the veggie- not avocadoes!) compared to most fruits.
Summer is just around the corner!
Tomorrow is June 1st, that means you have a good month to get in great shape for your bikini, shorts and tank tops.
What can you do in a month to get you ready for bikini season?
Here are some tips on getting ready for your bikini without going crazy or starving yourself:
- Make a plan! Write down your goals and map out each week.
- Empty your cupboards. Get rid of sugary snacks and tempting chocolate. You only have a month!
- Pull out the clothes you want to wear. There is your motivation! Put them on and see how they fit; imagine how they will fit in a month.
- Log your food. I love food logs/journals or whatever you want to call them. Writing down what and how much you eat can make a huge difference.
If you’re not motivated to do any of those things, give me a call or email! I will be happy to set up a free consultation with you to come up with a four week plan we can do together, in the gym, park, or your home.
- Get prepared– when you have time, do the shopping and make your veggies quickly available in ready to go containers or ziplocks. If it’s easy to access, your more apt to eat healthy.
- Squeeze in fitness– do you have five extra minutes to take the stairs? What about parking in the far lot instead of the close one? All of those little choices add up to better fitness at the end of the busy day.
- Change your habits– if you usually go for a calorie laden dinner with friends, instead choose to go for a walk or bike ride. Changing your social habits play a big part in your fitness.
- Bring along food- don’t rely on convenience stores or cafes for your mid morning snack; bring an apple and some almonds, or a yogurt with you to work.
May 16, 2012
Get Healthy, Stay Happy and Enjoy Life’s Finer Things
New Skinny Iceberg Vodka cocktails are ideal for the calorie conscious
TORONTO — Beach season is just around the corner, but don’t let your quest to shave off those winter pounds rob you of life’s little pleasures.
As the temperatures start to climb and our attention turns to our summertime wardrobe, many may be looking at the effects of a winter of comfort food and dreading the thought of pulling on that bathing suit or shorts and tank top. But getting back to a look you can be proud of need not mean drastic changes to your menu and lifestyle. It’s about balance.
“The key to living a healthier lifestyle is finding that right mix to ensure you are happy with who you are, but are still making progress towards losing weight or improving your health,” says David Meyers, president and CEO of Iceberg Vodka. “That’s why we created our series of ‘Skinny’ Iceberg Vodka cocktails, ideal for those who are counting calories but still want to enjoy the smooth, great taste of the world’s purest vodka.”
The Skinny Iceberg Vodka cocktail menu includes some classic Iceberg Vodka recipes with some new ones concocted by Iceberg mixologist Chris MacNeil:
- The Icy Cosmo: 1½ oz. Iceberg Vodka, ¾ oz. Cointreau, ½ oz. lime juice, ½ oz. cranberry juice. Shake ingredients with ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a lime.
- Purity Lemon: 1½ oz. Iceberg Vodka, 1½ oz. Cava, ½ freshly squeezed lemon. Combine all ingredients in shaker, strain and pour into a martini glass.
- Pomegranate ‘n Ice: 1½ oz. Iceberg Vodka, 3 oz. pomegranate juice. Combine all ingredients in shaker, strain and pour into a martini glass. Garnish with blackberries if desired.
- Berry Iceberg Slushy: 1 cup chopped strawberries, ½ cup ice, 1 oz. Iceberg Vodka, ¾ oz. Oceanspray White Cranberry-Peach juice. Place strawberries, ice, Iceberg Vodka and juice in a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a strawberry or orange.
“It is possible to live a healthy lifestyle and still enjoy the finer things in life,” says Meyers. “The Skinny Iceberg Vodka cocktails were created to allow health conscious individuals to enjoy fun and classy — and delicious — cocktails while still respecting their personal goals.”
Be part of the Iceberg Vodka experience. Follow Iceberg Vodka on Twitter @worldspurest and Like it on Facebook at www.facebook.com/IcebergVodka to keep up to date about contests, events and other fun stuff with the World’s Purest Vodka.
About Iceberg Vodka:
Canadian Iceberg Vodka Corporation is the largest premium Canadian-owned Vodka brand. Since 1995, this ultra-premium vodka has been made by combining pristine water harvested from icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland with triple-distilled neutral spirit made from sweet corn grown in Ontario. Sold by all the major provincial liquor control boards in Canada as well as by distributors in the United States and worldwide, Iceberg is the World’s Purest VodkaTM.
Did I get your attention?
This is a sad statement for someone that is Canadian and is also part of the fitness industry.
I just read this report on the CBC website and thought I would share it with you here:
Watch the video and see what you think.
Do you get 150 minutes of exercise each week? Do your kids get 60 minutes per day?
Here’s a fun little exercise that you can help me out with. I want to make a full alphabet with fitness/health related statements attached. Here is what I have so far:
A thlete: there is one in all of us waiting to come out.
B urpees:a favourite intense exercise for the total body.
C ardiovascular exercise: get 30 minutes every day.
D etermination: without it you will fail.
E nergy: increase yours by exercising regularly.
I would love your input! Please help me finish this ABC’s of exercise.
Best suggestions will get mentioned on twitter or wherever you would like your name promoted.
Thanks for your help!
Check out this great video from Lebert.
Please check out this article I wrote in the Dollar Stretcher on the benefits of oats:
Lots of great info; hopefully you’ll find out something new about oats, or how to use oats in a new way.
What do you eat for breakfast?